东田纳西州立大学成立于1911年，是摄政的田纳西董事会管理共有六个状态院校之一。 拥有约15,000名学生，ETSU足够大，以提供多种选择的方案和活动，但足够小，以避免更大的大学的恐吓和客观的气氛。 东田纳西州立大学是由学院和学校委员会的南部的协会在1866年南巷，迪凯特，格鲁吉亚30033-4097认可的院校，或致电404-679-4500，了解有关ETSU的认证问题。
约翰逊城距离北卡罗莱纳州和弗吉尼亚州线很短的车程，距离肯塔基州，南卡罗来纳州和西弗吉尼亚州远一点。 仅有几英里的26号州际公路和81号州际公路只是多了一些，ETSU是汽车很方便。 三城区域机场，由忠实航空，达美连接，航空公司和美国航空公司担任快递提供全方位服务的设施，即将从校园20分钟车程。 大盘三城区域很多景点，包括历史遗迹的数组多样化一些，布恩和沃托加湖，二交响乐团，国际讲故事中心，NASCAR赛车在布里斯托尔汽车赛车场，以及众多的徒步旅行和水上运动的机会。 随着约65,000人口，约翰逊城为学生提供安全的街道和居住在城市，郊区和农村设置欣欣向荣的社区居委会的一个负担得起的水平。
International student application materials should be received by the following deadlines:
- April 29 - fall semester
- September 30 - spring semester
- February 1 - summer session
The School of Graduate Studies must be notified of any change in the entering date after admission has been granted. Individual programs may have earlier admission deadlines and additional requirements. For information regarding individual programs of study, applicants should contact the department whose program he or she wishes to enter and consult the Graduate Catalog.
These standards and materials are required of all applicants regardless of program. Individual program requirements are additional to the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. European students with three-year Bologna bachelor's degrees and Indian students with three-year bachelor's degrees from Indian Universities ranked A (3.01 - 4.0) through the NAAC accreditation process will be considered to have equivalent four-year degrees.. Degrees from non-accredited institutions or from institutions outside the U.S. will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Applicants must meet one of the following GPA requirements:
- 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- 16 on a 20-point scale.
- 80.0 from Chinese institutions.
- 1st Class, 2nd Class Honors, or 1st and upper 2nd Division from Indian institutions.
- Upper 2nd Class Honors on various British systems.
- Other grading systems will be evaluated upon receipt of transcripts.
- A completed admissions application
Other grading systems will be evaluated upon receipt of official transcripts. Please note that the ETSU School of Graduate Studies provides this general GPA converter as a free service to convert specific grades to a 4.0 scale. Applicants whose transcripts come from a country with multiple grading systems may wish to pursue a more specific GPA converter (such as offered by WES).
- A personal essay of 150-300 words, detailing your interests in a graduate program at ETSU.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $55.00. The application fee must be submitted before any further application materials can be sent to the graduate school.
- One official transcript from every college or university where the applicant has taken courses including proof of all degrees received. If the records are not in English,certified translations that are attested by the awarding institution must be sent in addition to the official documents. Notarized copies and third-party attestations are not acceptable. Individual-year mark sheets from Indian institutions are required. Summary mark sheets are not accepted.
- Certification of English Proficiency: Graduate students whose native language is not English must submit one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Score of 79 (Internet-Based)
- Score of 550 (Paper-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Score of 6.5
- PTE Academic score of 53 or higher
- Documentation showing the successful completion of the ELS Language Centers level 112 course.
- Proof of degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
- All international students who receive a tuition scholarship or graduate assistantship must sit for an oral English proficiency interview immediately upon their arrival at ETSU.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Insurance Coverage: All international students are required to have acceptable insurance coverage against illness and accidents. The health and accident insurance must be maintained throughout the student's enrollment at ETSU.
- Qualified international students may be considered for graduate non-degree admission to ETSU only as
- Visiting students during vacation/breaks from other collegiate institutions in the U.S.
- Non-Degree students enrolled in ETSU courses offered outside the U.S.
- Non-Degree students enrolled in appropriate ETSU campus classes. Students in category 3 who are on ETSU IAP-66s (J-1 status) must pursue programs of full-time study approved by the School of Graduate Studies, International Programs and Services, and the appropriate academic division.
- Address to Send Documents to the Graduate School
For regular mail send all documents to the following address:
ETSU School of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 70720
Johnson City, TN 37614 For overnight packages sent via DHL, FedEx, and UPS:
ETSU Central Receiving
Attention: ETSU School of Graduate Studies
325 Treasure Lane
Johnson City, TN 37614
- Payment of Application Fee
If the application fee was not paid when the application was submitted in Goldlink, it may be paid by clicking here.
- Documented evidence of financial resources sufficient to support the student during the period of enrollment must be sent to International Programs. For more information regarding the estimated cost of attending ETSU per calendar year click here (figures subject to change) or contact International Programs and Services.
- Check the Graduate Catalog for additional departmental requirements such as GRE scores or Letters of Recommendation.
A student must be admitted, submit financial documentation, and have his or her degree confirmed before the university can issue an I-20 or DS-2019 form needed to obtain a visa. The university will not enroll any student who has not been approved initially or for transfer by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to attend East Tennessee State University. International students accepted for graduate study will receive a letter of acceptance from the university. This letter and the SEVIS I-20 form furnished by the university must be presented to the consular officer of the United States to which the applicant applies for a student visa. ETSU will not accept visas issued for admission to other colleges or universities. International students admitted to graduate study are encouraged to arrive on campus two weeks prior to the beginning of classes and should contact International Programs and Services as soon as they arrive. It is the responsibility of a non-immigrant applicant to comply with current INS regulations in regard to collegiate enrollment. New INS regulations may prohibit the enrollment of an individual in B-1 or B-2 status. International Programs and Services administers the university's foreign student (F status) and visitor exchange (J status) programs. Other non-immigrant applicants may consult with this office.
In all cases the final decision to admit or reject an applicant rests with the university through the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies.